Tuesday, March 20, 2007

First There Was Conservapedia...

...and now, GodTube!

Description of one of today's featured videos:
Clay Aiken Montage - "Everything I Do"
This is a religious Montage of Jesus Christ being crucified and Clay Aiken sings "Everything I Do, I Do It For You" from his latest "A Thousand Different Ways" CD.

The video has a rating of four out of five stars as of this posting, with three people voting.

I wonder if sites like GodTube and Conservapedia will cause more people to leave religion. I can imagine teenage Christians thinking that if this is the Christian version of YouTube, Christianity must be pretty lame.

Via Oliver Willis.

9 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

Clay Aikin? Singing a Brian Adams song? A song from the motion picture soundtrack of Robin Hood? Starring Kevin Costner? To Jesus on the cross?

*screaming*

Jewish Atheist said...

I take it you wouldn't rate it four stars, then? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I can imagine teenage Christians thinking that if this is the Christian version of YouTube, Christianity must be pretty lame.

Haha, I remember thinking that about Christian pop music.

beepbeepitsme said...

Godtube is being transmitted for your viewing pleasure from the supernatural world.

Ok, it isn't. But I can imagine that as a possible claim.

JDHURF said...

I'm, uncharacteristically, speechless.

asher said...

Almost as interesting as Pink Floyd being superimposed over scenes of the Wizard of Oz showing how they are inter-related.

How does this harm anyone?

Anonymous said...

It isn't as if Clay Aiken made that montage himself or anything. Some christian kid likes the song. He sings it well. No harm no foul.

Sadie Lou said...

I don't think there is any spiritual harm in it--but there is physical harm. My body can't consume that much cheese in one sitting.
And after you watched the video, when do the goose bumps go away?

Sadie Lou said...

...or the bad taste in your mouth? Or the Heebie Jeebies? I just wouldn't subject myself to that kind of physical trauma.

Ok--I'm done now.
*sigh*